Pad Thai is one of my favorite foods. It has a great mix of everything fresh veggies, sweet and salty tastes, and protein! I like to make mine with either chicken or shrimp. Here is the recipe (I tried very hard to be exact but, you know how it is with cooking it’s very organic!)
8oz spaghetti noodles
1 large chicken breast
¼ cup cilantro
lemon or lime juice
¼ large yellow onion
1 clove grated garlic
salt and pepper
¼ cup creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
½ cup soy sauce
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Bring large pot to boil for the noodles
- While waiting for the water put a large chop (bite size pieces) on the zucchini, onion, and eggplant.
- Bring a pan to medium with one tablespoon of oil. Add veggies to the pan and season with salt and pepper, turmeric, and garlic salt. When veggies are half done grate one clove of garlic into the pan. Vegetables are done when eggplant is slightly softened.
- Cut chicken breast into small bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Remove the veggies from the pan and put to the side. Add the other tablespoon of oil to the pan and turn up to medium high. When the pan is hot cook the chicken quick at a high temp (brown food is good food) then add the veggies back to the pan.
- By this time I am hoping you have cooked the noodles based on the directions on the package (do not over cook they will continue to cook in the sauce)
- Add the noodles to the pan and toss to coat the noodles with the seasonings and flavors from the veggies and chicken. Add the sauce and toss to coat keeping the pan on low. Taste test and add more soy sauce if needed.
- Squeeze in some lemon or lime juice and toss in the chopped cilantro and presto…Dinner is served!