This week has been busy! I am currently working on tons of new content but creativity and projects take time. I am debating on the best way to deliver… not sure if I want to post my progress as i go along or post projects when they are completed… With a new blog comes many questions lol
Every Sunday i do meal prep for the week. I am a big fan of bringing my lunch:
- Gives me more time to enjoy my lunch and to read
- Healthier options at home
- I love to cook! There is no better reason than that!
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
2 large yams (orange in color)
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp brown sugar
¼ tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Tony Cachere’s seasoning (or sub ½ tsp each paprika and cumin)
¼ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
¼ tsp coarse ground salt
- Clean and scrub yams and put into a pot of cold water completely covering them.
- Bring to a boil and cook till slightly done about 15min (when fork inserted there should be some push back)
- Cool and slice lengthwise in thick strips
- Coat with spice rub
- Place pieces on a hot oiled grill and cook till grill marks appear and the yams are tender (about 15min)
This side dish is great with grilled chicken or pork. Serve with a side of any other vegetable you like or try this pasta salad (I made it again… lol but this time I added a ¼ cup of parmesan cheese very yummy addition!)
Have a great week!!