Tonight I am hungry so I need a real meal! I did a little bit of meal prep last night and its time to put it to work. In the summer I wait until the wee hours of the night to cook… Cooking last night was an experience especially with 90 degree weather. It is nice to cook knowing the only thing I have to turn on tonight is the grill outside!
1 grated red onion
¼ packet Lipton onion soup mix
½ tbsp salt
½ tbsp pepper
1 grated garlic clove
1lb ground turkey
¼ cup parsley
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
2tbsp vegetable oil
2. Refrigerate over night
3. Remove mixture from fridge 15min before you would like to cook
4. Turn on your grill as hot as it will go and form 4 patties
5. Add to grill they will take longer than burgers and are far more delicate. Do not flip until they have stiffened up some.
6. Cook for about 1min on the first side and 7 on the other while melting the cheese (I chose provolone). While you’re at it turn off one side of the grilled and toast your bun.
I served my burger with mayo, Dijon mustard, and tomato. I also added the pasta salad below!
So normally I would have homemade fries with my turkey burger (cooked in the oven of course!) BUT… it is way too HOT!!! So I decided to make a pasta salad after one of my favorite sandwiches as a side dish.
BLT Pasta Salad
1 pack cherry tomatoes
3 green onion stalks
1 cup mayo
¼ cup sour cream
1 4oz container crumbled reduced fat feta
5 pieces of bacon
16oz package elbow pasta (or any other kind you like I wanted to look traditional)
- Cook pasta according to directions drain and cool
- While noodles cook line a pan with foil and place bacon. Insert into oven and turn to 380 degrees and cook till crisp.
- Sliced cherry tomatoes in ½ and slice green onion thinly on a biased.
- In a large bowl combine mayo, sour cream, seasonings, and pasta.
- Once combined add bacon, cheese, tomato, and green onion and toss to coat
- Taste and add more seasonings if necessary.
What did you have tonight???