If your my friend on Facebook or follow me on Instagram you may have seen my EPIC flower crown that I wore for my friends bachelorette party, She is definitely a little flower child herself so I thought all the girls should wear one and unify for the bride!
Funny enough with a lot of drinking and strippers someone was bound to get lost. I was approached by a group of ladies and they informed me that they found my friend and put her in the car with some other girls with flower crowns (so they came in handy!). Plus the bride wants us all to wear them to her wedding rehersal Congrats to the future Mrs.Mahon!
Flower crowns are everywhere and there are so many ways to make them. BUT of course this needed the Quaintrelle treatment.
I was having so much fun in South Lake Tahoe I forgot to take pictures while I was making the crown so i had to make a new one poor me lol (a girl can’t have just one)!
- Two bundles of flowers (I got mine at the dollar store)
- Hot glue gun and sticks
- Wire cutters
- Green flower tape
- Wide head band
- Push the leaves of the flowers all the way up until they meet the flower. Cut the flowers from the bundle keeping a good amount of the stem attached.
- Hot glue the stem of the 1st flower at an angle and cut off the excess of the stem.
- Once dry crisscross the second flower stem over the top of the first and secure with hot glue. Continue adding more flowers as you go making sure the crown looks good from the front and the back.
- I alternated putting the type of the flower as well as the direction they were facing being sure to fill in any gaps.
- Wrap the exposed portions at the ends with the green flower tape to make it blend with the crown.
This is a fun and easy project! Don’t worry you can’t mess it up so don’t be timid get in there and make it your own! Have you made a flower crown before? Any tips? Show me your crown my little flower children!!