Thursday night I got very ambitious and before going out to the bar I decided I needed to bake cookies for my blog. While drinking wine and putting on make up I was able to throw together these really adorable cookies. I have been seeing many variations of the pie cookies from apple to strawberry. I decided on a sweet sunny treat which turned out really good and was actually rather easy!
Pie Crust (look in the section by the biscuits and frozen cookies they come two rolls in a box)
Lemon Pie Filling
All purpose Flour
1. Before you are ready to make the cookies take out the pie crust for 30min. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Flour the surface of the counter top and the surface of the dough. Roll out the pie crust until very thin. Be careful not to do it to thin or it will tear.
3. Once you have both dough circles rolled out apply the lemon pie filling to the top of one circle.
4. Carefully place the second dough circle on top. Use a circle cookie cutter or a mason jar to punch out circles into the dough. Try and place them as close together as you can.
5. Use the opposite side of the knife to add a scallop to the circles to seal the cookies.
6. Take one egg and add a splash of water to create an egg wash. Cut an X into the top of each cookie, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake the cookies in the oven on top of aluminum foil or parchment paper. Should take about 15min. I broiled my cookies for a few minutes at the end to add color and create a crisp cookie.