This weekend is officially the last weekend of summer. Goodbye warm weather. Goodbye short shorts. Goodbye strappy sandals. Goodbye swimming pool. Its almost like this post is my obituary for all of the summer fun that is coming to an end.
Grilled Fruit Sangria (See original recipe here)
- 2 bottles Rose
- 1 ½ cups Cabernet
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 2 bunches red grapes
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- Put all of the wine, juice, and grapes into the freezer while you prep. I was making this for an event that day so I wanted everything to be cold.
- Turn on the grill to high being sure that you brush it off fully so that last night’s burger doesn’t grill on to the fruit.
- Slice the fruit into 1/4” slices. Place the fruit on to the grill. It will take about 10min on each side to get the right char and grill marks. Please be careful when flipping tongs are best as the fruit can easily slide through the grate.
- Remove the fruit and place into the fridge to cool completely.
- I used a 1gallon pitcher ($5.99 at Fred Meyer). Add all of the liquid ingredients and stir to combine. Add bunches of grapes and as much of the grilled fruit as you can. Don’t forget you still have to put the lid on!
This drink is best served over ice and I wasn’t able to bring anything back as my friends drank it all! That must mean it was good! Until next year summer R.I.P.