Fall is a time to bundle up, add on the layers, and double the prints. I like dressing for fall even though I don’t really care for the weather. One item I picked up this fall was a chambray shirt. I could live in my chambray shirt! Super comfortable, a great layering piece, and it’s a classic. Picked mine up at Old Navy for $18.00! It’s a basic that you can’t live without. Here are a few ways to add this piece into your wardrobe.
Description from left to right
– Styled with a skater skirt: This can be black, or colored, or covered in sequins. Pairing your chambray with a skater skirt adds a polished and casual look to a fun little skirt. Add simple or bold accessories this is very versatile. Don’t forget an amazing shoe.
– Layer it up: Take your look to the office or perfect for weekend brunch. Layered under a printed sweater and topped with a fitted blazer the chambray shirt gives this look a relaxed feel. Add on a big bauble necklace in a bright color and show off that personality.
– Big chunky sweater: This may be my favorite look. Layer your chambray with a big chunky knitted sweater. Not only does it keep you warm but paired with shorts or an asymmetrical skirt this look is effortlessly cool. Strap on a quilted cross body with a bold strap to give it even more style.
– Colored Skinnies: I do this look a lot for work and Friday bar nights. Bright colored skinnies, tall boots, and cute scarf. Pairing leopard and chambray is a match made in heaven. As far as I’m concerned leopard is a neutral.
– Pencil skirt: Your chambray shirt can take the place of a freshly crisped white button down and add more style to any outfit. Put it together with another fall staple plaid and you have a look that is casual and structured enough for an office or a lunch date. With a bold statement necklace you will have everything you need.
– Leather or leather look leggings: Leather is lovely and sexy. Paired with your chambray shirt and killer heels this is definitely a date night outfit (trust me I know it’ll make them swoon).
How are you styling your chambray shirt this fall?