Super cute super easy recipe that will be liked by all. I make this recipe often when I want to eat something a little naughty and not feel bad about it. Maybe it will become one of your new favorites too!
1 large eggplant
1 can marinara sauce
1 pint cherry tomatoes
Pepperoni (1 pack)
Salt and pepper
1 bag mexican cheese blend
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the eggplant in 1/4″ slices and lay out on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
– Cut the cherry tomatoes in 1/2 and set aside
– On top of the eggplant add a spoon full of sauce and smooth over the top leaving a little space along the edge. Sprinkle each slice with cheese and add three cherry tomato slices to each.
– Rip the pepperoni in pieces and add as much as you would like on each slice. Sprinkle with more cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
– Bake in the oven for about 15-20min until the cheese is melted and the eggplant has softened. Let rest on the baking sheet for 5min so everything can mix and mingle. Serve with wine of course lol
The great thing about this recipe is you can change it to fit your taste! Change it up do some italian sausage and spinach or make it more of a Caprese style. The options are infinite. What are your favorite pizza toppings?