Sometimes you want something filling, you want something cheesy, something full of flavor!! Also sometimes you don’t want to cook but you also don’t want to go anywhere lol. I always seem to find that take out is great essentially as it is fast but does it sometimes leave you with the feeling of “I just stuffed my face with crap???” Here is a seriously good recipe that is easy to make, easy on the budget, and most importantly satisfying!
2 chicken breasts
½ pack fajita seasoning
½ cup chopped onion
¼ cup cream cheese
1 can black beans drained
1 can sweet potatoes drained
1 pack medium sized tortillas
1 large can enchilada sauce
4 cups Mexican blend cheese
1tbsp coconut oil
1 can green chilies
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and preheat a pan with the coconut oil. Add chicken and brown on one side (5min). When brown add the onion, fajita seasoning, and enough water to cover ½ the chicken. Flip the chicken to coat and cook on medium until the sauce thickens and the chicken is easily shredded with a fork (about 20min). Shred the chicken and add back to the pan.
- Cook the Spanish rice according to the directions. I like to use the prepared rice as basically it’s just easier. Set aside. Drain the sweet potatoes and black beans and rinse. Add the rice, green chilies, black beans, and cream cheese to the chicken and stir to combine. Add the sweet potato and fold in so you don’t mash it.
- Oil a 9X13 baking pan. Pour enchilada sauce into the bottom of the pan. Take one tortilla and coat in the enchilada sauce using the pan (this way works the best rather than using a separate bowl) Add a heaping amount of the mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Fold up and place seam side down in the pan. Continue with the rest of the tortillas and adding more sauce as needed (will fit about 8 enchiladas). Top with more cheese and cover with foil.
- Bake in the oven at 375 for 30min covered and another 20min uncovered. Let sit for 10min before serving.
Avocado Lime Sour Cream
½ cup sour cream
2tbsp chopped cilantro
- To make the sauce combine all of the ingredients together and enjoy. The sauce adds a freshness and acidity. Enjoy!
Also its Wine Wednesday!! So your welcome, please drink in its honor you earned it for not hitting anyone at work! What meals are you making this week?