The blogging community is amazing! I am almost at my one-year mark and it has been a wild ride. Recently I joined a few blogging networks to get connected with other bloggers and give Creative Quaintrelle some exposure. So what better way to get to know the other girls and for you all to get to know them too than to see what is inside their purse!
What a woman carries inside her purse can tell you a lot about her. What kind of lotion what type of notebook all of these things can give you an inside view. Instagram is a great way to stay connected to your audience when your not posting. I have been working on my flat photography as I try and get my branding together! Soo… as I improve I thought I could give some tips and you could see what the ladies are up to!
3 Flat photography tips
1. Use good lighting: It is important to use lots of light! Your images will photograph better and it will create better highlights.
2. Think about the 6 visual elements of design:
- Color- Color is very important to add in a pop for appeal. Fresh flowers are great for a pop of color.
- Line- Look at the lines you create when you lay out your items. Are you using and asymmetrical balance, symmetrical, or radial? Using these principles will create unity in the design.
- Shape- Use a variety of different sizes of items. Big, small, and in between this will create contrast in materials and provide emphasis.
- Value or tone- In addition to using a pop of color try and unify your other items in a way that allows them to have the same tone. Whether a variety of grays or a plethora of nudes.
- Texture- Add in something furry or a bag with studs. The texture will create interest.
- Volume or form- use flat items as well as those with volume.
3. Have fun!- Make sure you think outside the box! Add in items that you wouldn’t normally use, change the screen on your computer, add in your cereal. No matter what make it your own.
Chardae- Lioness Dae
- Merona Wristlet Wallet (Target)
- Sonia Kashuk Makeup Bag (Target)
- iPod Nano & Headphones
- Daily Planner (Orange Circle Studio) Text says: Be Filled With Joy
Orana Velarde- Crazy Little Family Adventure
- A red and black mini backpack
- A notebook to doodle on
- A Michael Chrichton Book
- An Instant Indonesian Book
- A pencil case with doodling colors
- A money purse
- My keys
- A menthol inhaler
- A Green Tea Aromatherapy roll on
- A cell phone
Sacha- Visualize Authenticity
- Nail polish
- Hand sanitizer
- Different shade of lipsticks
- My journal
- Pen & pencil
- Summer shades
Veronica Shanklin- Vee, Myself, and I
- My Longhorn cross body satchel…Hook ’em!
- iPhone 6
- Erin Condren planner (never leave home without it)
- Portable Polaroid phone charger (a lifesaver because I don’t keep my phone charged)
- Cell phone wall charger and car adapter
- 2 packs of gum (plenty to share)
- Random pens collected from various places
- Lip gloss
- Sanitizing wipes
- Bose Bluetooth Headphones
- Ice Breakers Mints
- Ray Ban Sunglasses
- LUNA protein bar
- Hand Sanitizer
- Clinique Moisturizer
- Iphone 5
- John Frieda Frizz Erase Hair Spray
- Business Cards
- Cute Notebook
- Nail polish
- Lip Gloss
- Ipad Mini
- Facial Wipes
- Nail File
- Urban Decay Eye Shadow Palette
KATELYN SMITH- The Femme-inist
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns) by Mandy Kaling
- Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
- Clinique chubby stick moisturizing lip color balm in chunky cherry
- Cat-eye sunglasses from the Sears Kardashian Kollection
- Two packs of sweet n’ low (to go with my iced coffee of course)
- Coolmint Icebreakers
- Black BIC pen
- Miniature Victoria Secret Bombshells in Bloom fragrance
- White and mint chevron wallet from Target
- Hair tie
- EOS lip balm in strawberry sorbet (I may be a little addicted to fruity lip balms…)
- Miniature mint container filled with Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture
Thank you to all of the blogging networks and bloggers for your support! Want to show me your flat lay photography?? Use the #girlswhoblog and show some team spirit. I found all of the blogging networks from this 9 SMART FACEBOOK GROUPS FOR WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS, FREELANCERS, + BLOGGERS Happy Monday!!!