I am starting to believe that my friends may think I am obsessed with Pineapples but they kind of are too and maybe that’s the point! I have friends sending me pictures and snapchats of anything pineapple because it makes them think of me!! I demoed this recipe on snapchat last night and I must say it was an eye opener to having a cooking show but, practice makes perfect so stay with me!! Find me on snapchat and lets connect CQuaintrelle!!
- 16oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 can pineapple rings chopped
- 3 stalks sliced green onion
- 2 cloves grated Garlic
- 1 1/2cups brown rice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Coriander
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic salt
- 1 tbsp Chili Garlic Sauce
- Juice of one lime
- Siriacha sauce (if you like it spicy!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Add the juice from the pineapple and the can of coconut milk to a large measuring cup. Should equal about 3 cups. Fill with milk or water to the correct amount. Add to a wide flat skillet that has a lid and bring to a simmer.
2. Cut up the chicken into bite size pieces and season with turmeric, cayenne, coriander, salt and pepper, and garlic salt. Heat a pan to medium high heat and add olive oil. When hot add the chicken and brown on both sides. It does not need to be cooked all the way but you should see a good char.
3. Add the chicken, green onion, red bell pepper, pineapple, garlic, chili garlic sauce and brown rice all to the simmering sauce. Mix until well blended and season with more salt and pepper to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and, reduce the heat to low. It will need to cook for about 40min if you are using brown rice and 25 for white. I set the timer for 20min stirred it and checked back in 10min and added ½ cup of water. Let it cook for another 10min and took it off the heat to rest for 10min. (Just give the rice a taste test)
4. When ready to serve add about 1 cup chopped cilantro and the juice of one lime and stir. I added a little siriacha sauce on my own bowl for serving because I like things spicy! This two pot meal was easy and I can’t wait to eat more today for lunch!
This recipe was adapted from Pineapple Coconut Cashew Rice.