Did the demo last night on Snapchat (find me at CQuaintrelle). I am working on feeling more comfortable in front of the camera and knowing this only stays up for 24hrs gives me comfort lol. It is fun and easy to follow so take a look on Snapchat before you dive in. Here are your marching orders!
For the Chicken
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Hummus
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- ¼ red wine
- Salt and pepper
- Butchers twine
– Cut the chicken breast in ½ creating 4 pieces and pound out to ¼” thickness
– In a small bowl combine the sundried tomatoes and red wine to reconstitute them.
– On each chicken breast spread hummus and top with a large basil leaf and sundried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Roll each piece into a bundle and tie off with butchers twine.
– Heat a skillet with oil and brown off each piece for about 5min each side. Transfer to the oven to finish cooking for about 10-15min
For the Pasta
- 2 cups Penne Pasta
- 1 can jarred tomato sauce
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Rosemary, Sage, and Marjoram (or whatever fresh herbs on hand)
- Basil (to top)
-In a pan add oil and cook off the garlic, herbs, and onion. Add the tomato sauce and allow to simmer for 15-20min.
-Meanwhile cook the pasta to the manufacturer’s directions and transfer to the sauce to allow it to finish cooking. I topped off the pasta with fresh basil.
I am a big fan of doctoring up a jarred pasta sauce. Adding in a few fresh elements can make something ordinary special for a weeknight meal.
For the Bread
- 1 Kalamata olive ciabatta loaf
- ½ stick of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- Fig Balsalmic
-Cut the bread open lengthwise. Meanwhile in a pot combine the butter and garlic and allow to cook until the garlic is fragrant. Place the bread on a baking sheet lined with foil and pour over the butter mixture. Drizzle fig balsamic over the bread and bake for 15min in the oven until crisp.
What are you cooking this week?