In the winter time I love a 1 pot meal or a 1 pan meal. One of my favorites is my baked sausage, pepper, onions, and potatoes. See the recipe HERE! So I thought maybe I can take that recipe and make all the flavors work for an easy, outdoor, summer recipe.
- 2 bell peppers (red, yellow, or, orange)
- 4 spicy beef sausages
- 1 bag mini potatoes (red, Yukon, and purple)
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
-Put potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil for twenty minutes. You just want to par cook them so that when they are on the grill they will cook faster.
-Cut the vegetables into 2” wide pieces so that they will hold their integrity on the skewer. Cut the sausage at a diagonal in about 1” pieces. Season the vegetables by placing into a large bowl drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
– Proceed to skewer. I like to do an every other but I always start with a vegetable then meat or potatoes and finish each skewer off with a vegetable.
– Preheat the grill to about 300 degrees. Place the skewers on the grill at a diagonal. They will need to cook about 15min. Turn them ½ way through the cooking process in the opposite diagonal and place on the other side of the grill and turn off the heat to that side. This will allow them to heat all the way with out burning.
– We ate ours with macaroni salad on the side and the mix of smoky veggies and sausage with the cool creamy macaroni salad was perfection. Give this recipe a try this weekend and stay tuned for of course more from me! Happy Friday!