When I cook for the opposite sex it is normally because:
- I’m trying to show you what your missing out on so I gotta show off a little bit lol
- I know your hungry, and probably not currently getting any home cooked meals
- As a thank you gift for great behavior (morning text messages for example)
BUT You don’t throw out your best recipe on the 1st meal you want to make something really easy and classic to start.
Breakfast for me is best when it is a mix of savory and sweet. Here is what I made last weekend and it is a great breakfast with a little wow factor and easy ingredients.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 pieces of texas toast
- ½ tsp all spice
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp caramel coffee creamer (I like to use this in place of vanilla flavoring)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dark brown sugar
- ½ cup crushed cinnamon toast crunch cereal
- 1 cup whipped topping
- ¼ cup strawberry rhubarb jam
– Add all of the ingredient to the bowl except the crushed cereal and mix well. You want to make sure your custard is very homogenous. I used an electric mixer to be sure.
– Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Add one piece of bread at a time to the mix and coat both sides. Place on a baking sheet and allow to rest for 2min at least. Add crushed cereal to the top of each slice in an even single layer.
– Mean while preheat a large pan to about medium high heat with one tbsp of vegetable oil (keep it near by you will need to wipe out the pan and apply more with each slice to prevent burning) When the pan is hot you want to add one slice cereal side up and allow it to cook until golden brown (7min or so). When you flip to cook the other side turn the pan down to medium.
– When the cereal is light brown place on another baking sheet. Continue this with each piece of French toast. Being that the custard is heavy and rich. When all the pieces are done place in the oven and continue to cook for 10-15min until there is just a light spring when you tap each piece.
– To make this meal even better I served it with bacon and cheese eggs. I also mixed up a strawberry rhubarb whipped cream. This was just jam and cool whip mixed together until blended (you can use whatever jam you have on hand). I served it on top of the French toast along with fresh strawberries for a little acidity and maple syrup.
Now wasn’t that easy?? Make this recipe for someone this weekend and let me know how it goes!! Enjoy the weekend and stick close for more recipes.